Example: Veneto, 7 days
Included in this beautiful tour:
- 6 nights in 3/4 star hotels
- 2 diners with regional dishes paired with local wines
- 4 lunches with regional dishes paired with local wines
- 2 wine tastings at renowned wineries
- Visit of the castle in Soave
- Boat transport in lagoon of Venice
- Visit of Murano and Burano island in lagoon of Venice
- Guided city walk in Verona
- Guided city walk in Padua
- Visit of grappa distillery
- 5 days guidance from Stefania and Hans
- Wine region presentation by Hans
- Cultural presentations by Stefania
- Relevant maps and documentation
Price starts at €975,- per person.
Dag 1: Welcome to the hotel in Verona. Welcome lunch and presentation by Stefania about veneto and Verona. In the afternoon a city walk of 3 hours with the highlights of Verona. Squares, medieval buildings, the Roman amphitheater, the balcony of Julia and the gate of Borsari. During the tour a stop for coffee or a glass of valpolicella. Free evening. In the opera season the possibility to attend an opera in the arena di Verona.
Dag 2: Departure to Soave after breakfast. Wine tasting at a winery under the guidance of the winemaker and Hans. Light lunch in Soave with panoramic views over the countryside. After lunch visiting the castle in Soave under the guidance of Stefania. Late in the afternoon departure for Vicenza where in the evening in a traditional restaurant the local dishes are served. Of course with matching wines. Overnight in Vicenza.
Dag 3: Departure to Bassano del Grappa after breakfast. At arrival a coffee stop and explanation from Hans about the facts of Grappa. Visit the antique bridge in the town followed by a traditional lunch. In the afternoon visit a grappa distillery with an explanation of the method of preparation. Then to Padua and check-in hotel. The evening is at leisure.
Dag 4: In the morning, accompanied by Stefania, a city walk in Padua. Lunch in the center with local dishes and wines. After lunch departure to Valdobbiadene for a tasting of prosecco. After the tasting departure to the hotel on the coast in Lido di Jesolo. The evening is at leisure.
Dag 5: After breakfast departure to the port. Sailing in the Venice Lagoon a stop is made at the islands of Murano and Burano. In Murano visit a glasswork factory to see the craftsmen. Evening dinner in a traditional restaurant.
Dag 6: Day for free interpretation. You can enjoy a day on the beach or you can visit Venice (by your own or with guidance).
Dag 7: Departure