Example: Piedmont e tartufi, 5 days. Visit of Turin and Langhe area (Alba, Barbaresco, Verduno)
Included in this beautiful tour:
- 2 nights in 4 star hotel in Turin city centre
- 2 nights in charming agriturismo in Barbaresco
- 2 diners with regional dishes paired with local wines
- 4 lunches with regional dishes paired with local wines
- Coffee with typical chocolate in historical bar
- Traditional “Bicerin” in historical bar
- 2 guided cellar visits
- 2 wine tastings at renowned wineries
- 1 wine tasting in “Grinzane Cavour” castle
- Guided cultural walks in Turin and Alba
- Visit of the palazzo Reale
- Visit of palazzo Madama
- Visit of the cathedral keeping the shroud
- Visit of the roman wall and gate
- Visit of churches “San Lorenzo” and “della Consolata”
- Visit to truffle festival in Alba
- 4 days of guidance from Stefania en Hans
- Wine region presentations and tastings by Hans
- Cultural presentations by Stefania
- Relevant maps and documentation
Price depends on personal requirements and period in the year.
Day 1: Arrival by yourself in Turin. At 11.00 a short guided walk around Piazza Castello and vist of San Lorenzo church. Lunch with regional dishes paired with good wines in a traditional restaurant. After lunch a guided walk along the beautiful squares and historic buildings. We stop at a historical bar for a coffee with a traditional chocolate (giandiotto). The evening is at leisure (suggestion is to end the day with a gastronomic dinner in a traditional top restaurant).
Day 2: In the morning a guided tour in Palazzo Reale and visit of the Sindona chapel and cathedral where the shroud of Jesus is kept. We finish the morning with a visit of the old roman wall and gate. Lunch in a traditional risotteria. In the afternoon we visit the church “della Consolata” and we will enjoy a bicerin coffee with pastries in “Al bicerin”. In the evening we will enjoy a traditional apericena (a custom invented in Turin).
Day 3: In the morning after leaving Turin we enjoy a guided winetasting of Roero wines (Arneis and Nebbiolo). Around noon a Barolo wine tasting in the “Grinzane Cavour” Castle where also the lunch is served in a room with a beautiful view on the landscape of Langhe. After lunch a wine tasting of Barbaresco wines at a winery in Neive. In the late afternoon check-in at the agriturismo. At 1900 a guided cellar tour ending in a gastronomic dinner with traditional dishes paired with regional wines.
Day 4: You can fill in the morning yourself. A walk in the Barbaresco area or a visit of Neive or Barolo. It’s up to you. At 12 a guided visit in the cellars of Castello di Verduno followed by a gastronomic lunch. In the afternoon guided walk in the city centre of Alba and visit of the famous white truffle fair. The evening is at leisure (suggestion is to shop delicacies and finish the day with a gastronomic dinner in a traditional top restaurant).
Day 5: After breakfast departure.